Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Past and Present

Farooq, you may know by now
I am fond of learning new words
and their meanings.
So, I googled your name
and it gave me the following:
--'one who distinguishes truth from falsehood'
--'one who distinguishes between right and wrong.'
So, Farooq,were you able to distinguish 
between right and wrong in the past 
Or are you able to do that now? 
They said Farooq was a simple man
Nothing outstanding
and had an ordinary job. 
Farooq, I wonder what did I do? 
Did I only love you whole day
or did I only do household chores? 
Did I have any education at all? 
Considering my present lack of interest in cooking 
I feel I didn't do that too and it was you who probably
cooked and I gobbled that up and smiled at you.


LKO

No comments:

Featured Post

Mystic Rain

The month of June The fall of tree The mystic rain I would pursue you till the end