The Ganges--the river is mother to many of this nation.
The Ganges--the lifeline.
Whenever crossing over the iconic Howrah Bridge
I have a positive feeling looking at the river!
Also, I earnestly pray to her to fulfill my wishes.
I looked at the people on the sidewalk,
I looked at the crowded bus,
I looked at the people taking dip in the water;
I looked at the young chaps swimming near the ghat
And wondered how many of these people truly think of her.
Near the ghat, may be within half a mile or less,
We have poured garbage;
We have soiled her in every possible way...
And still we expect she would wash away our sin
Still we expect she wouldn't revolt
and serve us endlessly.
Kolkata, India
The Ganges--the lifeline.
Whenever crossing over the iconic Howrah Bridge
I have a positive feeling looking at the river!
Also, I earnestly pray to her to fulfill my wishes.
I looked at the people on the sidewalk,
I looked at the crowded bus,
I looked at the people taking dip in the water;
I looked at the young chaps swimming near the ghat
And wondered how many of these people truly think of her.
Near the ghat, may be within half a mile or less,
We have poured garbage;
We have soiled her in every possible way...
And still we expect she would wash away our sin
Still we expect she wouldn't revolt
and serve us endlessly.
Kolkata, India
No comments:
Post a Comment