Popular Posts

Friday, June 14, 2019

তাকে মনে করি


তাকে মনে করি--মনে করি
যে গেছে চলে অনেক অনেক দূরে
পৃথিবীর রূপ রঙ ভালোবেসে
ম্লান হেসে
সন্ধ্যাতারা ওঠার দেশে
অরূপ বেশে।

তাকে মনে করি--মনে করি
অথচ সে বলে গেছে
ভুলে যেও --ভুলে যেতে হয়
কেননা, সময় কারো সেত নয়
ঢেউয়ে ঢেউয়ে সে যে সরে যায়
যায় -- সরে যায়--মুচকি হেসে।

মনে আর করবো না
তাকে বলো কিনা
বলো-কে আর হৃদয় খুঁড়ে
ভালোবাসে, বেদনার নীল জলে
ডোবাতে তুহিন হাত?

সূর্য যখন মেঘের ফাঁকে
বিচিত্র হাসি হেসে
যায় চলে যায়
কোনো অজানার দেশে।

(কবি: অভিশ্যামল--তারিখ: ১৭-১২-৭২)
***********************************************************************************************
I recall her
I recall--one who has gone far far away
Who has gone away while loving the Earth
Who has gone to the land of evening star.

I recall her
I recall-though she said "please forget me"
Because we need to forget with time.
Because we need to heal.

I won't recall
No, I won't. 
Who would want to dig out the old pain ?
Who would want to touch the cold hand ?

The sun sets
The sun sets with a smile
and moves to an unknown world.

I recall her
I recall.

(Translated from Avi's poem written back in '72; incapable of doing justice to the original one. Tried to capture the essence of it)

                        








No comments:

Featured Post

Mystic Rain

The month of June The fall of tree The mystic rain I would pursue you till the end