The storm came again
Along with it a lots of dust
But no rain!
Here it is called Andhi.
Around this time
my hometown receives Kalbaisakhi
which brings heavy rain.
The storm came again
And all my effort to get some sleep
went in vain!
The storm came again
And I looked at the two tall trees
They were fighting for their lives;
They bent their heads
Their slender white bodies
tried hard to hold the Earth.
I looked at them and softly said
--Hang on; Hang on dear
It would eventually pass!
Lucknow, India
Along with it a lots of dust
But no rain!
Here it is called Andhi.
Around this time
my hometown receives Kalbaisakhi
which brings heavy rain.
The storm came again
And all my effort to get some sleep
went in vain!
The storm came again
And I looked at the two tall trees
They were fighting for their lives;
They bent their heads
Their slender white bodies
tried hard to hold the Earth.
I looked at them and softly said
--Hang on; Hang on dear
It would eventually pass!
Lucknow, India
No comments:
Post a Comment