Scene 1:
I was there
Sitting in the midst of our annual fest
It was a wonderful night!
Everyone looked pretty and jovial.
I sat on the portico.
In front of me was the famous college stairs.
I was looking at it---though not observing;
I was missing you---as you were not there among others.
And then suddenly
I found you coming down
In white, you looked beautiful!
Like a waterfall-you came down
In white, you looked like an agile Arabian horse
Spellbound me--thought "was he real?"
Scene 2:
I was there
in his hanging coat;
I was there
in his bright eyes;
The rain touched the window
Before leaving the city--I was sad.
He was my strength
He was my weakness
He gave me shelter
He never knew.
Scene 3:
I was there
When you came in white shirt
But not in a transparent one
You couldn't do that...
And I smiled in my mind
But I was pleased;
But I was sad too.
Scene 4:
I was there
The other day
When you came in white again
And the fragrance--though light
Did everyone receive the scent like me?
As you entered
I knew it came from you.
I was pleased.
Later looking at you
My heart trembled
And I was sad.
Lucknow, India
I was there
Sitting in the midst of our annual fest
It was a wonderful night!
Everyone looked pretty and jovial.
I sat on the portico.
In front of me was the famous college stairs.
I was looking at it---though not observing;
I was missing you---as you were not there among others.
And then suddenly
I found you coming down
In white, you looked beautiful!
Like a waterfall-you came down
In white, you looked like an agile Arabian horse
Spellbound me--thought "was he real?"
Scene 2:
I was there
in his hanging coat;
I was there
in his bright eyes;
The rain touched the window
Before leaving the city--I was sad.
He was my strength
He was my weakness
He gave me shelter
He never knew.
Scene 3:
I was there
When you came in white shirt
But not in a transparent one
You couldn't do that...
And I smiled in my mind
But I was pleased;
But I was sad too.
Scene 4:
I was there
The other day
When you came in white again
And the fragrance--though light
Did everyone receive the scent like me?
As you entered
I knew it came from you.
I was pleased.
Later looking at you
My heart trembled
And I was sad.
Lucknow, India
No comments:
Post a Comment