Popular Posts

Friday, November 13, 2020

Abortion

She felt bad after taking a pill 
and killing the baby 
whose sex wasn't identified. 
She sent me a poem out of guilt (?)
She didn't ask for my opinion
But I told her what I thought. 

I expressed that women should have control
on their choices and on their bodies
and if women do choose abortion
out of circumstances or for some other reasons
we should respect such decisions.  
 
My mother aborted a child--I said
She said it was a boy...
I wondered how did she know the sex
Or was it just her imagination? 
I never judged her
Rather was happy that a boy wasn't there 
to be bossy around me or
to curb my independence.

LKO
 
 

No comments:

Featured Post

Mystic Rain

The month of June The fall of tree The mystic rain I would pursue you till the end