Popular Posts

Thursday, August 6, 2020

That summer

That summer Sam
went to the Middle East
and I came back to my home.
Before leaving,
We took a walk; It was late night.
Sam never mentioned
about his upcoming engagement
And as I considered him
my friend, I took it as a betrayal.
The fact is probably he never mentioned to anyone
So, it was completely a surprise
to the entire cohort when we came back in the Fall.

Everyone knew or understood something
Or probably it was as vivid as sunshine
That summer was a healing time for me.

Sam wrote from the Middle East
I replied plainly and sent Tagore's "Gardener" from Gitanjali
He found himself in his poetry and wanted a picture
I never sent one!

Sam always enjoyed my company intensely
So, did I...
Our chemistry was even
noticed by certain professor 
that once it was mentioned in the class
as an epitome of good friendship;
Sam--whom I considered the best student
loved me in his own style.
The love drained me and that summer
I focused on healing myself.


LKO
 


No comments:

Featured Post

Mystic Rain

The month of June The fall of tree The mystic rain I would pursue you till the end