Popular Posts

Thursday, August 1, 2019

When I bleed

I am as pure as a lotus
when I bleed.
I am as pure as the heavenly light
when I bleed.

I haven't told her
I touched Gita
Or watered a plant
during those days
when I am considered unclean.
I would even enter those spaces
where I am not supposed to enter
when I am considered unclean.

She gave me a Quran
and told not to touch
when I bleed;
I was in a dilemma
Do I have the right to hurt
Someone else's belief?

Purity depends on your thoughts
not on rituals;
Even you follow all the rituals
and your thoughts are unclean
You will not become a butterfly
Or a beautiful lotus ready to be offered
on the feet of divine.

Lucknow, India







No comments:

Featured Post

Mystic Rain

The month of June The fall of tree The mystic rain I would pursue you till the end