That day,
sitting closer to you
I felt like a calm river
and like a cooling breeze
coming from the Gomti.
That day, first time
I was able to see you clearly.
Even though I have seen you many times
My heart's desire to see you more
never got properly quenched.
That day, for the first time
I was able to solve the puzzle of color--
The color of your beard
became distinct in the daylight.
Lucknow, India
sitting closer to you
I felt like a calm river
and like a cooling breeze
coming from the Gomti.
That day, first time
I was able to see you clearly.
Even though I have seen you many times
My heart's desire to see you more
never got properly quenched.
That day, for the first time
I was able to solve the puzzle of color--
The color of your beard
became distinct in the daylight.
Lucknow, India
No comments:
Post a Comment