Popular Posts

Friday, August 2, 2019

Thereafter

Thereafter?
She asked.
I noticed her eyebrow
soft and thick,
like the feather of an egret;
I saw--twilight had settled on her eyelid.
--Thereafter...you didn't complete your story.
--She said
--What could I say anymore?

The prince of the story was alone.
He had an entire empire, yet alone.
He had a queen, yet alone.
--Why lonely even though he had a queen?
Here I paused.
I took some time and then answered...
Because the queen had her own business
And queen couldn't touch the bottom of king's mind.

Lucknow, India 

******************************************************************************
তারপর
সে চোখ তুলে বললে
আমি দেখলাম তার ভুরু
বকের পাখার পালকের মত
ঘন, নিবিড়
আর তার চোখের পাতায়
সন্ধ্যার মায়াবী আলো

তারপর --
গল্পটা বললে না তো?
সে চোখ তুলে বললে
গল্প আর কি বলবো বলো?
গল্পের রাজপুত্র সব কিছু পেয়েও একা
রাজ্যপাট পেয়ে, রানী পেয়েও বড় একা...
কেন রানী পেয়েও একা কেন?
কেননা রানী রানীর মতো থাকে
রানী বোঝেনা না রাজার মন।
--ও তাই বুঝি?
সে চোখ তুলে বললে
আমি দেখলাম তার চোখের তারায় হাসি
বিদ্যুতের মতো সে হাসি লুকিয়ে পড়লো মেঘের আড়ালে।

No comments:

Featured Post

Mystic Rain

The month of June The fall of tree The mystic rain I would pursue you till the end