It could be my last letter
It could be my last poem to you
before I leave this city.
I have lost my sleep
I have lost my sense
I do not even know how pain feels
Does it feel like a snake bite
Or does it feel like
the knife on my skin?
Before leaving the city my friend
I have traveled to every corner
I have visited the crowded Park Street
I have seen the full moon from
the Vidyasagar Setu
Wherever I have gone
I found your shadow with me;
From the darkness of Shaheed Minar
I have said to the night
I have said to the stars
that you are mine.
Kolkata, India
It could be my last poem to you
before I leave this city.
I have lost my sleep
I have lost my sense
I do not even know how pain feels
Does it feel like a snake bite
Or does it feel like
the knife on my skin?
Before leaving the city my friend
I have traveled to every corner
I have visited the crowded Park Street
I have seen the full moon from
the Vidyasagar Setu
Wherever I have gone
I found your shadow with me;
From the darkness of Shaheed Minar
I have said to the night
I have said to the stars
that you are mine.
Kolkata, India
No comments:
Post a Comment