I talk to myself
I talk to myself with the tune of Fajr
and with the raga of Isha.
When I traveled to Ghatshila
You were with me;
When I reached on the bank of Subarnarekha
You were with me;
When I touched the sand, gravels, and pebbles
You were with me;
And when I picked up a wild flower and
pressed it against my cheek
The setting sun turned into a reddish fireball!
Lucknow, India
(Translated and modified from the Bengali poem; dated: 10.01.03)
I talk to myself with the tune of Fajr
and with the raga of Isha.
When I traveled to Ghatshila
You were with me;
When I reached on the bank of Subarnarekha
You were with me;
When I touched the sand, gravels, and pebbles
You were with me;
And when I picked up a wild flower and
pressed it against my cheek
The setting sun turned into a reddish fireball!
Lucknow, India
(Translated and modified from the Bengali poem; dated: 10.01.03)
No comments:
Post a Comment