Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Lal Pul and Gomti

At Lal Pul, or as they say it--Pakka Pul
I found the river again--the Gomti
She was a woman 
walking beside me...
Her shadow was pierced by the 
headlights of moving vehicles.
 
I looked at my Gomti
She was like a shy girl 
hiding behind the curtain 
observing how darkness slowly
comes down to the Earth. 
 
But I am not shy Gomti
I do not live under the veil
I have a face, an identity
I have independence 
which few woman can achieve in our society
and I am proud of that!

Gomti, with you
I found my sleeping poet inside
after a long time. 
 
It may have happened before
that my beloved and I walked on this pul together
in a bygone time. 

At Lal Pul, I thought
while smiling at my Gomti...
Can't we see her again 
from the above
and from the below
can't we touch our bygone moments once more
with our dearest Gomti? 
 
LKO 
 



No comments:

Featured Post

Mystic Rain

The month of June The fall of tree The mystic rain I would pursue you till the end