I love this city most when it sleeps.
It's that precious time when one can hear and feel
the sounds of wind, dewdrops, and
even the footsteps of baby house lizards.
There was a single star in the sky
which looked at me and said hello!
There was a single big sized lizard
which observed me for a while
with its round black eyes.
It stood still on the wall and pretended to be dead
until I made sure it wasn't.
You might be happy as well as surprised to know
that all these observations and contemplations were happening
at the other side of the cliff that I recently discovered!
Lucknow, India
It's that precious time when one can hear and feel
the sounds of wind, dewdrops, and
even the footsteps of baby house lizards.
There was a single star in the sky
which looked at me and said hello!
There was a single big sized lizard
which observed me for a while
with its round black eyes.
It stood still on the wall and pretended to be dead
until I made sure it wasn't.
You might be happy as well as surprised to know
that all these observations and contemplations were happening
at the other side of the cliff that I recently discovered!
Lucknow, India
No comments:
Post a Comment