His hair
Though all white
in the midst of some black
looked darker at a glance
He always looked way younger
than his contemporary;
Tonight, when I am recalling him
I remember our last meeting
on the platform
No, we were not emotional;
Rather we were busy checking
things as per the list
I never came to know
if my migration to the land of liberty
made him happy, proud, or sad.
Lucknow, India
Though all white
in the midst of some black
looked darker at a glance
He always looked way younger
than his contemporary;
Tonight, when I am recalling him
I remember our last meeting
on the platform
No, we were not emotional;
Rather we were busy checking
things as per the list
I never came to know
if my migration to the land of liberty
made him happy, proud, or sad.
Lucknow, India
No comments:
Post a Comment