These days--
Sometimes it feels slow like a sluggish river
Sometimes heavy like the monsoon cloud
And sometimes it feels fast.
Last year, even she was here during this time!
We walked on the wet grass
Had tickling on our feet
Watched sunrise, birds, and playful puppies.
It has been more than a year
that I have started living without him
Slowly I may lose the details of our lives
--the time we spent together.
I used to drive on campus
to pick him up around midnight or even late
I enjoyed coloring his hair
and pretended like an expert
The country gave him lot of stress
and gradually gray hair.
We often had our coffee at Starbucks
And early morning while returning
we had hash brown waffles at Waffle House
Sometimes we even stopped at IHOP
In summer, we used to become night owls.
These days without him...
I live,
I breathe,
and survive.
Lucknow, India
Sometimes it feels slow like a sluggish river
Sometimes heavy like the monsoon cloud
And sometimes it feels fast.
Last year, even she was here during this time!
We walked on the wet grass
Had tickling on our feet
Watched sunrise, birds, and playful puppies.
It has been more than a year
that I have started living without him
Slowly I may lose the details of our lives
--the time we spent together.
I used to drive on campus
to pick him up around midnight or even late
I enjoyed coloring his hair
and pretended like an expert
The country gave him lot of stress
and gradually gray hair.
We often had our coffee at Starbucks
And early morning while returning
we had hash brown waffles at Waffle House
Sometimes we even stopped at IHOP
In summer, we used to become night owls.
These days without him...
I live,
I breathe,
and survive.
Lucknow, India
No comments:
Post a Comment