I am the sunflower
who does not need any shadow
or the blackish cloud
to hide my face and body;
who does not need any shadow
or the blackish cloud
to hide my face and body;
I do not feel
to avoid the intended male gaze.
A sunflower does not need to find solace
nor comfort under the abaya;
Instead I navigate through the male gaze...
consuming what it intends;
to avoid the intended male gaze.
A sunflower does not need to find solace
nor comfort under the abaya;
Instead I navigate through the male gaze...
consuming what it intends;
Thus, I stand up straight
gazing at the sun,
like a sunflower not burnt
confronting the sunlight.
I cherish my own sexuality
And theirs too
By my own free will.
gazing at the sun,
like a sunflower not burnt
confronting the sunlight.
I cherish my own sexuality
And theirs too
By my own free will.
Lucknow, India
No comments:
Post a Comment