Living here is a burden.
Unless I can fly;
These concrete structures are
like the lianas of rainforest--
entangled to each other in such a way
that it would hurt you deeply
if you ever try to fly: Fly high, higher!
Living here is a burden
Living here is a burden
Even though the sky is occasionally blue
Living here is a burden.
Whenever I thought of leaving you
Whenever I wanted to cross the doorstep
Your pale and painful face emerges
like the flashing light at the horizon.
Lucknow, India
Unless I can fly;
These concrete structures are
like the lianas of rainforest--
entangled to each other in such a way
that it would hurt you deeply
if you ever try to fly: Fly high, higher!
Living here is a burden
Living here is a burden
Even though the sky is occasionally blue
Living here is a burden.
Whenever I thought of leaving you
Whenever I wanted to cross the doorstep
Your pale and painful face emerges
like the flashing light at the horizon.
Lucknow, India
No comments:
Post a Comment