I loved you!
Yes, YOU and your Greek boy;
I didn't know deception
So, I didn't conceal my warm breadth.
I reached out to you again and again
hiding all storms deep inside my heart;
I thought you would embrace your insane daughter
the way you embraced your son;
You said I was sentimental
But had you ever known that
I didn't reveal my sentiment to everyone.
Whenever I stopped at your door
I transformed to a calm lake from a torrent river
Whenever I stopped at your door
I forgot for what reason I came
Or what I wanted to say
Then, on the night of Mahasaptami
You reminded me the most unpleasant truth!
Since that day,
Since that moment
I was told that all your love and emotions
You only saved for your Greek boy.
Kolkata, India
Note: Again a translated poem and a bit modified to keep the sense. Penned down on 03.10. 2003
Yes, YOU and your Greek boy;
I didn't know deception
So, I didn't conceal my warm breadth.
I reached out to you again and again
hiding all storms deep inside my heart;
I thought you would embrace your insane daughter
the way you embraced your son;
You said I was sentimental
But had you ever known that
I didn't reveal my sentiment to everyone.
Whenever I stopped at your door
I transformed to a calm lake from a torrent river
Whenever I stopped at your door
I forgot for what reason I came
Or what I wanted to say
Then, on the night of Mahasaptami
You reminded me the most unpleasant truth!
Since that day,
Since that moment
I was told that all your love and emotions
You only saved for your Greek boy.
Kolkata, India
Note: Again a translated poem and a bit modified to keep the sense. Penned down on 03.10. 2003
No comments:
Post a Comment