Come to the horizon,
Come and meet me;
Come and bring me rain!
Tonight, the sky is dark with occasional lightning;
The smell of the soft soil has risen again
from the sun-baked Earth.
The brief moment we were together
amidst all sound and motion
I noticed rain poured on your black shoes
--black as the Kentucky coal that was just brought above the ground
from surface mining.
I noticed and wondered
who did such dark polishing and did you pay enough?
Tonight, rain is there again.
Tonight, rain has no sound.
So, come to the horizon embracing the darkness and covering your face;
I do not need to see you in bright light because I have seen you enough;
Just show me your EYES!
Come to the horizon
And please do not forget to leave your shoes behind.
Lucknow, India
Come and meet me;
Come and bring me rain!
Tonight, the sky is dark with occasional lightning;
The smell of the soft soil has risen again
from the sun-baked Earth.
The brief moment we were together
amidst all sound and motion
I noticed rain poured on your black shoes
--black as the Kentucky coal that was just brought above the ground
from surface mining.
I noticed and wondered
who did such dark polishing and did you pay enough?
Tonight, rain is there again.
Tonight, rain has no sound.
So, come to the horizon embracing the darkness and covering your face;
I do not need to see you in bright light because I have seen you enough;
Just show me your EYES!
Come to the horizon
And please do not forget to leave your shoes behind.
Lucknow, India
No comments:
Post a Comment