In the evening of your great festival
this piece of old city looked deserted;
It's not the usual hustle and bustle.
I am one of many
who stayed back to enjoy
its dusty and empty roads
its scorching heat
its narrow alleys and
its parched rooftops
Interestingly, some weeks back
I wanted to run away from this emptiness
thinking that I won't be with you,
Nor you with me!
But today, when I am truly alone
I gathered enough strength to be with YOU.
Lucknow, India
this piece of old city looked deserted;
It's not the usual hustle and bustle.
I am one of many
who stayed back to enjoy
its dusty and empty roads
its scorching heat
its narrow alleys and
its parched rooftops
Interestingly, some weeks back
I wanted to run away from this emptiness
thinking that I won't be with you,
Nor you with me!
But today, when I am truly alone
I gathered enough strength to be with YOU.
Lucknow, India
No comments:
Post a Comment